Move in by 9/30 for $500 off prorated rent
then UP TO $250 off per month for the remainder of 2023
Open to General Public, DoD, Retirees, and Active Duty
January 21st, 2020
Hunt Heroes Foundation (HHF), Hunt Military Communities Mgmt., LLC (“HMC”), nonprofit organization is excited to announce it has recently started accepting applications for its annual HHF scholarship grants.
Applicants to the Hunt Heroes Foundation Scholarship Program must be:
• An active duty Service Member, National Guard or Reservist of one of the four branches of the United States Armed Services (Army, Navy/Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard) and with current military identification provided to HHF if selected as a recipient; or
• A dependent of a Service Member (spouse, or child), prepared to provide documentation of dependent status to HHF if selected as a recipient by providing (a) birth certificate; (b) custody or guardianship order from a court with authority; and/or (c) marriage certificate; and be
• Dependent children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren living in the employee's household or primarily supported by the employee.
• A high school senior or high school graduate or a current postsecondary undergraduate at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational school or a trade school student; and
• Planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year
“When we first began the Hunt Heroes Foundation a little under a year ago, our goal was always to offer some sort of scholarship for military families, stated John Ehle, HHF President.
“Because of the generous donations we received just this year, we were able to start the program earlier than anticipated. It is now our goal to continue to grow the program each year and help as many people as we can.”
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. Up to nine (9) awards will be granted as follows:
Two $5,000 awards for 2-year associates program or 4-year undergraduate studies.
Two $2,500 awards for vocational-technical programs or certificates, or 2-year
associates program or 4-year undergraduate studies program, and
Five $1,000 awards for vocational-technical programs or certificates, 2-year associates
program or 4-year undergraduate studies program.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of community involvement, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, an outside appraisal, and two (300 words or less) essays responding to the following questions:
How has being a part of the military or part of a military family affected your life?
What would you like to change in your community and how would you do it?
A panel of judges will decide who receives the scholarships. All scholarships must be filled out online at: https://www.scholarsapply.org/huntheroesscholarship/ Deadline to submit a nomination is 3 P.M. Central Standard Time, February 21, 2019 or until 50 applications received, whichever comes first.
About Hunt Heroes Foundation
Formed in 2018, the Hunt Heroes Foundation proudly serves military families, partners and communities through opportunities and ideas generated by our people and partnerships. Together, the HHF will discover new ways to ensure we help bring a positive change to the communities in which we live and work
About Hunt Military Communities
As the largest owner of military housing in the nation, Hunt Military Communities offers unsurpassed quality and service to more than 200,000 residents in over 52,000 homes on Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Army installations throughout the country. With a 50-year legacy and a partnership with the Department of Defense, Hunt strives to build communities characterized by three clear promises: 5-star service, connectedness, and a culture of trust. For more information, visit www.huntmilitarycommunities.com.